Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Interim

When, in the past, I thought about leaving Japan, never would have I imagined that it happened the way it did. Even though I was planning every my move, in the end I had to just pack up and leave. Or at least, the choice to pack up and leave was the most logic and practical, given that we are dealing with a pandemic…

It’s been almost a month since I left the land of the rising sun, and yet I haven’t fully processed the events, neither the implications of such a turn. These are incredibly difficult times, and all I feel is emptiness, detachment, powerlessness.

I wanted to write one last post about my experiences in Japan, like, looking at the whole thing, but I am not ready yet, I think. I don’t know what nor how to write. At one point, once my head is cleared and my thoughts properly collected, I will do such a thing, but I put it on hold for now.

At the moment I am overwhelmed with counter culture shock. Now that I reached Italy, I have to stay in Italy until all restrictions due to the pandemic are lifted, which means I will be in Italy for a while. So, I might as well make sure I update my residency status (I was an Italian living abroad until a few months ago) and IDs…well, having to deal with paperwork, witnessing the inefficiency of the bureaucracy procedures, drives me mad and exhausts me. 

I hoped things had improved during my 13 years of absence from Italy, but the (in)famous (and I must believe deliberate) intricate pathways that lead to (not) getting things done are far from improved. Maybe I am too spoiled (although Japan is the mother of paperwork), and that’s also a fact, but it is also true that Italy is renowned for its bureaucracy. There is a drop of truth in every myth….

There is one thing, however, that will have to be done and rather soon: the fate of this blog. Do I stop it here and now? Do I keep it? I was considering the idea to keep the URL but change the name/title. This helps in preserving the history of the blog and keeps everything as is. Otherwise I can import all old posts into a new blog and continue from there? I haven’t made up my mind yet. Suggestions?

**************

Quando in passato ho pensato ad andare via dal Giappone non avrei mai pensato che sarebbe successo come e’ successo. Anche se da tempo pianificavo le mie mosse, alla fine me ne sono semplicemente andata in fretta. O per lo meno, andarsene di fretta era la cosa più logica e pratica da fare proprio per via della pandemia.

E’ gia un mese che ho lasciato il sol levante eppure non ho ancora avuto modo di comprendere quello che e’ successo, men che meno le implicazioni di una tale mossa. Questi sono tempi particolarmente difficili e quello che sento e’ semplicemente vuoto, distacco e impotenza. Volevo almeno scrivere un ultimo post sulle mie esperienze in Giappone, una sorta di veduta sommaria e conclusiva, ma non credo di essere ancora pronta. Non saprei neanche che cosa ne’  come scrivere. A un certo punto lo faro, quando mi sarò schiariti i pensieri e fatto ordine, ma non ora.

Per il momento sono presa dal trauma culturale da rientro. Ora che ho raggiunto l’Italia devo stare in Italia fino a che le varie restrizioni causate dalla pandemia verranno annullate, il che significa che sarò in Italia per un po’. E quindi farei meglio a aggiornare il mio stato di residenza (visto che fino a pochi mesi fa ero residente all’estero) e documenti di riconoscimento….ebbene, il doversi occupare delle scartoffie, avendo a che fare con l’inefficienza delle pratiche burocratiche, mi stanca e mi innervosisce.

Speravo che durante i miei 13 anni di assenza dall’Italia le cose fossero migliorate, ma i fantomatici (e secondo me voluti) cavilli che (non) permettono di finalizzare una cosa sono lontani dall’essere risolti. Sarò anche viziata dal Giappone (seppure in Giappone e’ peggio in quanto a burocrazia), non lo metto in dubbio, ma e’ anche vero che la fama dell’Italia non e’ da meno. E purtroppo c’e’ un pizzico di verità in ogni stereotipo…

C’e’ pero’ una cosa che andrebbe fatta presto e che riguarda il destino del mio blog. Che faccio, lo interrompo e basta? Lo tengo? Io pensavo di mantenere l’indirizzo URL ma cambiare nome e titolo. Questo mi converrebbe per mantenere la cronologia del blog e tutto il resto. O magari importo i vecchi post in un novo blog e continuo poi da li? Non ho ancora deciso. E voi, che dite?

No comments:

Post a Comment