Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Customer service rocks

When things like what I am about to tell happen, I regain faith in humanity. And I appreciate the well known, efficient Japanese service even more. 

It’s a warm -warm for December, that is- but extremely windy morning, grey and dull, it’s early and I have just woken up, feeling too sick to go to work.

Then somebody is at my door, and when I open I recognise the post office clerk who, the day before, had taken my parcel and processed it. It was all done quickly, as efficient as always, then I went to work. In the evening I found a hand written note in my mailbox, from that very clerk, saying they couldn’t send the parcel to Australia because of some of the items in it. Since it was too late, I had decided to go to the post office first thing the morning after. The above mentioned morning.

But the woman was quicker, she got me before I could get her. First she explained that I could not send those items to that place because it has strict rules in that regard, so she suggested that I go to the office and get reimbursed of my expense. So, why bothering at all to come to me and tell me in person? She had already gone out of her way to put a note in my mailbox!! Well, as she said, it was her day off at the post office, so she made sure she was the one to deal with my problem. This is customer service!!

Anyway, it doesn’t end there. After I have profusely thanked her for the bother (I mean, really, she could have just left it at it) she goes, only to rings my doorbell again minutes later, this time she brought my parcel, my money and a little token (to apologise for the trouble she is giving me — as if the problem is her doing, not the strict rules). In the end, I got everything sorted without even leaving my own place. She made my day. I was even more grateful when it started raining later, so that I didn’t have to go out in that bad weather at all.

Thank you Ms post office clerk, it was really not necessary at all. I appreciate all your efforts and I will make sure I’ll pass it forward, somehow. Lots of blessings your way.

****************

Quando succedono cose come quello che sto per raccontare, ho di nuovo fede nell’umanità. E in più apprezzo ancora meglio il notorio efficiente servizio giapponese.

E’ una tiepida mattina -tiepida per dicembre- ma estremamente ventosa, grigia e piatta, e’ presto e mi sono appena svegliata, troppo malata per andare in ufficio.

A un certo punto qualcuno suona alla porta e quando apro riconosco la persona nell’impiegata dell’ufficio postale che il giorno prima aveva trattato una mia spedizione. Tutto viene fatto rapidamente, come sempre, e poi sono andata in ufficio. La sera ho poi trovato una nota scritta a mano nella mia cassetta delle lettere, scritta dall’impiegata di cui sopra, dicendo che alcuni degli oggetti nel pacco non potevano essere spediti. Visto che ormai era tardi, avevo pensato di andare alla posta la mattina seguente. La mattina in questione.

Ma la signora e’ stata più veloce e mi ha cercata fino a casa. Prima mi spiega perché e cosa non si può spedire perché pare ci siano delle regole ferree in base alla destinazione, e poi mi dice di andare all’ufficio postale per essere rimborsata. Dico, perché mai questa doveva disturbarsi di dirmi il tutto di persona? Era gia passata la sera prima per lasciarmi un biglietto, poteva benissimo fermarsi li! Ma siccome dice che era il suo giorno libero, si era sentita in dovere di farmi sapere, visto che era lei quella che ha preso in custodia il mio pacchetto. Alla faccia del servizio clienti!

Comunque, non e’ finita li. Dopo che ho abbondantemente ringraziato l’impiegata per il gran disturbo (cioè, dico, poteva pure lasciar correre), lei se ne va e poco dopo ritorna di nuovo con in mano il pacchetto e i soldi da restituirmi, in più un piccolo pensiero (per scusarsi del disguido, come se fosse colpa sua se non ho potuto inviare il pacco). Perciò, alla fine, ho sistemato il tutto senza neanche dover uscire di casa. Sul serio, la signora mi ha illuminato la giornata. Che poi la gratitudine e’ cresciuta dopo che si e’ messo a piovere di brutto.

Grazie mille signora impiegata, non era per nulla necessario ciò che ha fatto, e apprezzo tantissimo. Faro’ in modo di passare il favore.

No comments:

Post a Comment