Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Of cold, kit-kats and seemingly zen attitute

It’s almost unbelievable but we are nearing the end of the year again.

I definitely know the literal meaning of “time flies”. Maybe it is also due to the rush the Japanese put into their everyday life. On one hand they are calm, zen, slow. But on the other hand they are frantic, manic, always in a hurry. Maybe the calm is only apparent, maybe they are just still in between chases…it reminds me of my recent trip to Sicily to meet my family. That one evening that I had dinner with all my cousins and there was a nice conversation going on, they talking all a lot while I said maybe 5 words in total. My cousin then made a remark, saying I was so zen…probably this is what Japan did to me? Wrong. I was just so tired (not yet recovered from the jet lag and the chaos of the many celebrations). And so now I think it must be this, that the Japanese are always chasing the next thing, and while chasing it they take rests in the middle. It must be it.

This year, even before I left for Sicily, in late October, I could already see shops windows displaying Christmas items. Dear lord, yes. And when I returned, early November, I was already hit by the Christmas songs and melodies coming form everywhere. Man, I am sick of this atmosphere already. And, there is not even an atmosphere. But…there is a Christmas KitKat edition, this year. Yes, right.

The cold season is approaching, everything feels miserable, I don’t like any food, I don’t want to cook, or exercise. It’s too cold, grey, wet and plain boring. In general, this whole year has been very dark and rainy. It was good that I went to look for the sun in Vietnam, seriously.

Spending the year end holidays in town and being able to do whatever I want is indeed much needed. I haven’t planned any trips for the holidays. I will only chill and meet friends, fortunately almost all of my stable Tokyo resident friends will be around, and hopefully have (finally) some time to take care of myself. I can’t wait to put all the work pressure, the stress, the frustration behind and take some deserved time off.

********

Sembra quasi impossibile ma di fatto siamo quasi alla fine dell’anno un’altra volta.

Penso di avere ben chiaro il concetto di “il tempo vola”. Forse e’ anche per colpa della fretta che sembra pervadere i giapponesi. Da una parti li vedi calmi, lenti, tranquilli. Ma dall’altra parte sono sempre di fretta, impazziti. Forse la calma e’ solo apparente, e sono calmi solo in quegli intervalli tra le corse…mi fa pensare al mio viaggio in Sicilia. Quella sera che si stava a cena tra cugini, tutti parlavano e si agitavano e io avrò detto si e no 5 parole. E sta mia cugina in effetti a notare come io sia diventata zen, dice lei…forse e’ l’effetto del Giappone? No. Semplicemente ero stanchissima (per il viaggio e le festeggiate). E quindi ora penso che sia proprio questo, che i giapponesi sempre vanno appresso alla cosa che viene dopo, e se possono si riposano nelle pause tra una ricerca e l’altra. Deve per forza essere cosi.

Quest’anno gia’ prima che partissi a fine ottobre avevo avvistato le prime cosine natalizie. Eh gia! E poi quando sono tornata, a inizio novembre, sentivo gia le canzoncine di Natale ovunque. Sono gia’ stanca morta di quest’atmosfera. Che poi, neanche si sente sta atmosfera! Pero’ quest’anno c’e’ la versione natalizia del kitkat. Eeeeeesatto.

Il freddo sta arrivando, tutto sa di miserabile, non ho interesse nel cibo, non ho interesse a cucinare, non ho interesse a fare sport. Fa troppo freddo, e’ grigio e umido. Anzi, l’intero anno e’ stato abbastanza grigio e umido. Per fortuna che ho fatto scorta di sole in Vietnam quest’estate.

Passare le feste a casa e fare quello che mi pare e’ proprio quello che ci vuole. Non ho pensato a niente per queste feste. Semplicemente mi rilasserò e vedrò gli amici, per fortuna quelli stabili qui a Tokyo saranno pure in giro, e si spera che abbia anche un po’ di tempo da dedicare a me. Non vedo l’ora di allontanare pressioni e stress lavorativi, frustrazione e di godermi qualche giorno di meritato riposo.


No comments:

Post a Comment