Saturday, May 7, 2016

Of wolves, rain and borrowed items

Weather situation in Japan sucks.

In terms of being cooperative, it's like when you want to sleep in but your dog does everything it can to get you out of bed...

First, with all the possible days available to pick, does it really have to rain right on the day I need to move to my friend's house? Instead of riding my bike I had to use public transport. For two consecutive days...

It then gets super windy, right on the first day of holidays when I could have gone back and pick my bike...

Although I didn't have to go to work, I planned a few long rides to my own place. I had set two cooking classes, for each class thinking of making two trips: one to go and buy ingredients and clean, and one to go and teach. Of course it rained on 50% of my scheduled exercises. On my last class, I had to ride back in the rain. At least, it wasn't cold...

Seriously, Japan, put yourself together.

In all this, my ride is still chained at home, while here in my second home I managed to get a temporary one, not perfect but it gives me a way to move around town, instead of catching trains, and more importantly it was useful on those 50% times to go back home. Tama river was as pretty as usual, but definitely super busy with people profiting of the long vacation to picnic and barbecue.

My two weeks of hound duty are about to end. They have been surprisingly busy and full of canine love. I had guests over pretty much every second day, giving my favorite human chances to distract and interact, and on every other second day I have been out and about, a lunch here, a park stroll there. I could also spend a couple of nights doing nothing, watching movies while my loyal (and at times frustrating) furry friend slept by my feet or on my lap.

Before moving back I will still have to endure a couple of days of commute, as we all have to sadly get back to work, and it looks it is going to be a couple of challenging days: rain and suffering, there I come.

Wish me luck.

******************

La situazione meteo in Giappone fa proprio schifo.

In fatto di essere cooperativo, e' esattamente come quando tu vuoi dormire e il tuo cane fa di tutto per buttarti giu' dal letto...

Intanto, con tutti i giorni a disposizione, e' mai possibile che viene a piovere proprio il giorno in cui mi devo spostare a casa del mio amico? E invece di andare in bici ho dovuto prendere il treno. E questo per due giorni di fila.

Poi, giusto quando iniziano le vacanze e posso andare a prendere la mia bici, se ne viene fuori con un vento pazzesco.

Anche se non dovevo andare a lavorare in questi giorni, avevo comunque pianificato una serie di uscite in bici verso casa mia. Siccome avevo fissato due date per le mie lezioni di cucina, avevo ben pensato di fare due volte per ogni lezione: una volta per andare a comprare gli ingredienti e pulire, e poi una seconda volta per la lezione vera e propria. Ovviamente, mi va a piovere meta' delle volte, e addirittura una volta sono ritornata in bici sotto la pioggia. Almeno non faceva freddo...

Insomma, Giappone, datti una regolata.

Che poi, in tutto questo, la mia bici e' sempre rimasta a casa mentre qui ho trovato una soluzione con una bici prestata, che non e' perfetta ma almeno mi permette di andare in giro mentre sono qui e, cosa piu' importante, mi e' tornata utile in quel 50% delle volte che sono tornata a casa. Il fiume Tama era sempre bello, ma stavolta abbastanza pieno di gente che approfittando del lungo ponte si e' dedicata ai picnic e alle grigliate.

Le mie due settimane in canina compagnia stanno per finire. Sono state due settimane sorprendentemente piene e cariche di affetto a quattro zampe. Ho ricevuto ospiti a giorni alterni, per la gioia del mio essere umano preferito cosi che' ha potuto interagire e distrarsi, e negli altri giorni sono stata un po' qui e un po' li, pranzi fuori, passeggiate al parco e cose cosi. Ci sono state anche alcune serate tranquille passate a guardare film mentre il cane stava a sonnecchiare ai miei piedi.

Prima di ritornare a casa mia dovro' sopportare un paio di giorni di pendolarismo, visto che si ritorna al lavoro, e saranno giorni tremendi di poiggia e sofferenza.

Auguratemi buona fortuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment