Thursday, February 4, 2016

Centomila

I have been maintaining this blog for nearly a decade. I started my first post in November 2006, and it was…how to describe it…simple, shallow, ill-written, poor.

Much water has passed under the bridge since, and I have slowly reached the unimagined reward of 100K visits just this January. An average of 1100 per year, if we want to break the number down, which still makes mine nothing compared to the REAL blogs out there. Still, if I consider that I reached my first 10K visits in August 2011, in the 4 and a half years that followed I increased my audience 10 folds. Looks like all the hours spent on writing and improving were worth the efforts.

I don't really have so much time to write now, alas. Life and work balance is not ideal at the moment. Not only that. One can find little time here and there if one really wants to. What's problematic is finding topics to write about. Okay, no, it's not even that. One can always find something to write about, no matter what. It's the scope that makes keeping up with the blog a bit difficult.

The original motivation to start a blog was to allow people back home to know what I was doing, how my life was, how the country I lived in looked like, how the food tasted. I started a blog because I wanted to share all I experienced about Japan. And I want it to stay that way. No other stuff but Japan-related. I allowed myself to digress a little in matters of travels, true, but other than that I am being loyal to my initial mission. So, you see that the longer I live in Japan, the less is left unexplored, unwritten, uncovered.

Speaking of not having time, I haven't done my usual year end recap last year. Resolutions I am done with since a long while ago, so let's not even worry about it. Let's just say 2015 was another demanding year and that hopefully the new year will bring a good harvest.

This year started rather well, actually. After a NYE spent flying over a festive Melbourne, the absolute first thing I did in the new year was dancing salsa. They say "well begun is half done", right? Let's just hope I don't use up all my resources too early…

*************

Ho questo blog da quasi un decennio. Il mio primo post l'ho pubblicato nel novembre 2006 ed era, come dire, semplice, scritto male, una schifezza.

Ma ne e' passata di acqua sotto i ponti da allora, e pian piano ho raggiunto il traguardo inimmaginabile di centomila visite proprio questo gennaio. Se vogliamo far una media, sono circa 1100 visite al mese, che per carità non dice nulla rispetto ai VERI blog che ci sono in circolazione. E pero', se consideriamo che le mie prime 10mila visite le avevo raggiunte in agosto 2011, nei soli quattro anni successivi ho praticamente decuplicato il mio pubblico. Allora mi sa che tutte quelle ore passate a migliorare e correggere sono state utili a qualcosa, in fondo.

Triste da dire, ma oramai non ho più molto tempo per scrivere. Il bilancio tra vita privata e lavorativa non e' dei migliori al momento. Pero', no, non e' questo. Si trova sempre del tempo se uno vuole. Il problema e' trovare argomenti. E, no, neanche quello e'. Che alla fine uno trova sempre qualcosa da scrivere. E' invece la natura proprio degli argomenti che mi da' qualche difficoltà.

All'inizio l'idea di avere un blog era per far sapere alle persone a casa quello che facevo, che vita conducevo, come era questa terra dove abito, come sapeva il cibo. Ho iniziato un blog perché volevo condividere le esperienze di vita in Giappone. E vorrei che le cose restassero così. Nient' altro che cose giapponesi. E' vero, mi sono lasciata andare a parlare dei miei viaggi, lo so, ma a parte quello sono stata sempre fedele alla missione iniziale. Si capisce bene che più passa il tempo e meno cose restano da scoprire e da scrivere.

A proposito di non avere tempo, non ho scritto il mio solito sommario di fine anno. I propositi di fine anno non li considero neppure visto che non ci provo da anni ormai. Diciamo solo che il 2015 e' stato un altro anno difficile e si spera che il novo anno porti un buon raccolto.

A dire il vero, il nuovo anno e' iniziato abbastanza bene. Dopo aver passato la vigilia di capodanno a volare sopra una Melbourne festiva, la prima cosa in assoluto che ho fatto nel nuovo anno e' stato ballare salsa. E se si dice che "chi ben comincia e' a meta' dell'opera…", spero solo che le mie energie non si esauriscano troppo presto.



No comments:

Post a Comment