Thursday, February 13, 2014

Today's thoughts

Like James Joyce's Ulysses.

Going to the supermarket after work, the day before valentine's day is a bad idea. Food is already all gone but people aren't. They just accumulate in front of the valentine's chocolate booth and take ages to pick their favorite wrapping. It is insane. You had one month to buy your sweet treats. ONE. MONTH. FFS.

I haven't had sushi in a long time. I mean, really long time. I used to eat sushi every, well, second day, I'd say. I think it's because of the cold weather. Once i leave the office the only thing I want to do is go home and warm up, fire up my kitchen and let the heat and nice smell of good food diffuse. Eating cold sushi doesn't feel so warm right now. But I miss it. 

Also, pizza, now that I think of it. I haven't had it in a long time. I miss those days when with Elisa or Yukiko I went every week to my favorite restaurant, sit at my favorite table, drinking my favorite red. It is not the food itself that I miss. Well, once in a while a well made stone oven baked pizza is totally welcome, I concede. But it is not that I would die if I don't have it. But I miss the whole atmosphere, the excuse to meet up regularly with someone I am fond of, someone worth my time and attention.

A while ago I watched an American classic: "Easy rider", with a very young and stunning Peter Fonda riding his bike from LA to NO. Today I found myself watching another milestone movie "The wild angels", again with Peter Fonda in the role of a bikers gang boss.  Great soundtracks for both films (those big hits form the 60's) even greater scenery….Peter Fonda, I am so Fonda of you! I now want to live the American dream, wear a leather jacket and ray ban shades and give up everything to travel the country on a Harley. 

I have lost my self control. True that I get often provoked, but I still shall not take the challenge when the challenge comes from someone who doesn't know me enough, from someone who doesn't care. I shall not take the challenge at all. I mean, what do they know? 

I want to go home. No, not that home, the other one. Nope, the other one. However, I shall follow the suggestion "suffer in silence". All other options have been thoroughly evaluated, and they lead to nothing. So, we shan't agitate the waters. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, really.

If i eat enough Swedish chocolate, will I eventually speak Swedish? Challenge on.

Considering that my neighbor upstairs (The Mammoth) is what's left of a prehistoric glory, she must also be using prehistoric tools to clean the house. She must have a vacuum cleaner made of rock. One. Big. Heavy. Piece. Of. Rock.

***********

Come Ulisse di James Joyce.

Andare al supermercato dopo il lavoro, il giorno prima di san Valentino e' una cattiva idea. Tutto e' già sparito, mentre la gente no. Loro invece si accalcano davanti agli scaffali con la cioccolata e ci stanno secoli a scegliere il loro pacco preferito. E' da matti. Avete avuto un intero mese per comprare i vostri dolci regali! UN MESE, cavolo!

Non mangio sushi da un po'. Ma davvero. Prima mangiavo sushi potrei dire ogni due giorni. Mi sa che e' il freddo. Quando esco dall'ufficio la sola cosa che voglio e' andare a casa e stare al caldo, riscaldare la casa con il fuoco dei fornelli e il profumo di cose buone. Proprio ora mangiare sushi non e' il caso. Ma mi manca.

La pizza. Anche la pizza non la mangio da secoli, ora che ci penso. Mi mancano i giorni in cui con Elisa o Yukiko mi vedevo ogni settimana e andavo al mio ristorante preferito, mi sedevo al mio tavolo preferito e degustavo il mio rosso preferito. Non e' che mi manca il mangiare in se. Va bene, lo dico, una volta ogni tanto una pizza fatta bene e cotta nel forno a legna non la disdegno mica. Pero' non e' che muoio se non ce l'ho, ecco. Piuttosto mi manca l'atmosfera, la scusa di incontrare qualcuno a cui tengo e a cui dedicare tempo e attenzione.

Qualche giorno fa ho guardato un classico film americano: "Easy Rider" con un giovane e bello Peter Fonda che con la sua moto andava da Los Angeles a New Orleans. Oggi guardavo un altro classico "The wild angels", di nuovo con Peter Fonda nel ruolo di capo di una banda di motociclisti. Entrambi i film hanno musiche grandiose, quei grandi successi degli anni 60, scenari ancora più grandiosi. Ora ho voglia di vivere il sogno americano, di indossare una giacca di pelle e occhiali da sole e abbandonare tutto per viaggiare a cavallo della mia Harley.

Ho perso l'autocontrollo. E' vero che vengo provocata spesso, ma comunque non dovrei accettare la sfida, soprattutto quando la sfida viene da chi non mi consce abbastanza, da chi non gliene frega nulla. Non dovrei perdere la calma in ogni caso, che ne sanno loro?

Voglio andare a casa. No, quell'altra casa. No, no, quell'altra. Mi sa che e' meglio seguire il consiglio "soffrire in silenzio". Tutte le alte opzioni sono state valutate attentamente e non portano a nulla. Quindi meglio non agitare le acque. Tanto, alla fine non importa granché.

Se mangio abbastanza biscotti o cioccolata svedesi, parlerò' svedese alla fine? Sfida aperta.


Considerando il fatto che la mia vicina al piano di sopra (Mammut) e' ciò che rimane di una preistoria gloriosa, quando pulisce la casa deve per forza usare apparecchi preistorici. Di sicuro ha una aspirapolvere di pietra. Un unico intero pezzo di dura pietra.


No comments:

Post a Comment